Orticare, Grampians Loddon Mallee Pharmacotherapy Area Based Network, have established an Addiction Medicine Specialist (AMS) clinic in Ballarat.
The AMS clinic is a service available for patients and health care professionals across the Grampians Loddon Mallee. It provides for primary and secondary consultations, and multidisciplinary case conferencing with Dr. Adam Straub B.Sc (CHem) Hon (WVU), MBBS(Melb), FAChAM.
The AMS clinic can provide expert advice for cases where:
- There is concern about a patient’s opioid dependence - including patients with chronic pain conditions
- The patient may be suitable for or is currently on opioid replacement therapy (pharmacotherapy)
- There are other/multiple concerns about a patient’s alcohol or drug misuse
- Expert advice is required regarding a medical withdrawal.
Clinic address: 12 Lilburne Street, Lucas 3350 Phone: 5338 4500 When: commencing August 12th 2022 - Fridays from 1pm –5pm
For more information visit: Addiction Medicine Specialist Clinic - Ballarat Community Health (bchc.org.au)
Victorian Opioid Management ECHO (Extension for community healthcare outcomes)
You are invited to register for ECHO through the attached weblink: http://echo.pabn.org.au/.
What is ECHO?
The Victorian Opioid Management ECHO convenes each week, and is your opportunity to participate in a case-based educational clinic with a proven track record for assisting patient outcomes.Using simple video conferencing technology and featuring a team of expert addiction specialists and allied health professionals, the ECHO clinic allows you to:
- present a patient case related to opioids and seek expert feedback
- listen to other clinicians' cases
- access a brief didactic lecture on a topic of interest
- claim CPD points.
All primary health and allied health professionals are welcome to participate | Support is available For more information, please see flyer